Sunday, December 16, 2012

The Two Faces of Gail Roughton


All of us are multiple personalities to a certain extent, I think.  Maybe not as dramatically as the character of Eve in The Three Faces of Eve, but we’re still many people within ourselves.  When I began writing professionally, I started a blog I named Flowers on the Fence, wherein I showcased my most unforgettable characters, told stories from my childhood and stories about my country roots, and entertained visiting guest bloggers.  At the time, I was a raw newbie and didn’t know what I was doing or when and how to do it. It was well-received at the time among my new writer friends, and they labeled it my “country kitchen.”  Then my books began coming out with a speed that dazzled me, and as I was somewhat more of a professional (though I still don’t always know what I’m doing or how to do it), I created a more “professional” blog, one where I showcased my books and behaved a bit more “professionally”. 

Then my books began coming out at even greater speed, and somewhere in all that, both blogs fell by the wayside, victims of neglect.  Last Saturday, though, I went on a trip down a Highway to Memories I’d like to share with all my readers.  But that trip – it’s more properly suited to Flowers on the Fence, I think.  It’s a story to be told over coffee sipped at the kitchen table.  So I’d like to invite y’all into the kitchen.  Come sit a while with me, if you have the time, and join me at my kitchen table in Flowers on the Fence country.  It’s not a long trip.  It’s just a click away.  All you have to do is click this link.




So – are y’all coming?

2 comments: